Mandatory Crossword Clue
Mandatory crossword clue. The Observer 7 May 2017 SPEEDY CROSSWORD Clue No. 1,127
Synonym of Mandatory: CHOICELESS – COMMANDING – COMMONWEAL – COMPELLING – COMPULSORY – CONCLUSIVE – IMPERATIVE – INEVITABLE – OBLIGATORY – PEREMPTORY – POSSESSION – PRECEPTIVE – PRESCRIBED – REGULATION – SETTLEMENT – SINE QUA NON – SUPERPOWER
The suitable answer is COMPULSORY.
If something is compulsory, you must do it because of a rule or law:
- Swimming was compulsory at my school.
- The law made wearing seat belts in cars compulsory.
- English is compulsory for all students, but art and music are optional.
- They proposed making secondary education compulsory up to the age of 18.
- He has just finished a stint of compulsory military service.
- Attendance at lectures is compulsory.
- These books are compulsory reading for students of architecture.