Habitual Gesture Crossword Clue
Habitual gesture crossword clue. A crossword question at Daily Telegraph Sydney on 27 May 2017, 9 letters.
The answer is MANNERISM
– A group of verbal or other unconscious habitual behaviors peculiar to an individual.
– Exaggerated or effected style in art, speech, or other behavior.
Mannerist – a habitual gesture or way of speaking or behaving; an idiosyncrasy
1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
2. the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.
3. a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution, especially susceptibility toward drugs, food, etc.
Compare allergy (def 1).